Thursday, June 28, 2012

Busy-ness As Usual

Have I really let another 2 weeks go by without posting?!  Life has been pretty chaotic lately, but I suspect things will settle down once we've moved.  Closing is scheduled for next week, so (fingers crossed) we should be in the new house by next weekend!  AND my greatly-missed hubby will be back from school.  As mentioned before, he's spending some time out of town right now... a requirement for his Master's program.

Recently, most of my life has been consumed with packing and working.  And packing.  Oh, and did I mention packing?  I'm getting tired of having grey hands and fingernails from handling dirty boxes and newspapers so much.  The house is finally starting to look more sparse now though.  We've sold some of the furniture, and I've got most of the bedrooms and kitchen packed up.  I've actually made a "packing chart" that outlines what I need to accomplish everyday to get ourselves fully packed up by next Friday morning.  That would be my Type A personality at work.

Untitled
Moose "helps" pack.
Untitled
Moose "helping" again.

On top of that, I started reading the ever-popular 50 Shades of Grey series over the weekend.  I figured it might keep me busy during breaks in packing while Will's gone... I'd call it a success.  I've already gone through the first book and half the second in just a few days.  Definitely intense.  Whew, is it getting warm in here?

Untitled

It's also been a while since I gave an update on Jackie.  She's doing wonderfully.  From her original bony 13 pounds, she has reached a full 17 pounds!  Do I know how to put meat on a pug, or what?!  Below are some before and after pictures... as in, before spending quality time with the food-pushing Arvins, and after.  Now that she's all fattened up and looking like a real pug, we figured it was time to enter her in the annual Kentuckiana Pug Rescue calendar contest!  Any pug photo can be entered, and votes are $1 each.  The 12 top-earning pugs each are assigned to a different month in the calendar... but #1 gets the cover.  Jackie's trailing (far) behind the first place pug right now (he has something like $350 donated currently... I mean, come on!), but she has remained in the top 3 so far.  Voting doesn't end for a couple months, so there's still hope for her to catch up and become "cover-pug."

Untitled
Slightly blurry and horrible picture of me, but a good representation of
Jackie's thin, hairless "before."
Untitled
Again, slightly blurry and mid-face-lick, but it shows the much fatter "after" Jackie very well.

And speaking of canines, my parents got a new pup this weekend.  Had to throw in a picture, 'cause she's ridiculously cute.

Untitled

Lastly, did anyone else notice it's summer?  Of course it was official just last week, but boy is it hooooooot.  I finally broke down and went swimsuit shopping... ugh.  I ended up finding a cute suit for 25 bucks at H&M though, and I actually kind of like it.  

Untitled

Now that I've given the latest, it's back to packing.  Stay tuned for house pictures in the next few weeks :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

The "before" and "after" pics of Jackie are unbelievable! She looks so good now. :)