Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Project 7: Going Bold

The holidays are over and I was feeling frisky for another home face-lift.  Our poor, poor dining room has been neglected since the get-go.  She's basically been all but a storage closet for the past few months, but there's a lot of potential here.  We did bring in a new chandelier and buffet before Christmas, but she was still looking a little too... sponge-paint-y.

Here's what our dining room looked like when we moved in...



I know you love this chandelier.  Especially how interestingly close to the ceiling it is.

I was originally planning to paint her a nice, light, blue-grey color, but I've been getting a lot of inspiration lately from other bolder rooms.  I'm usually pretty nervous about going bold, but I decided to go for it.  I slapped a couple swatches of paint on the other day to get some ideas.  The top color is a lighter blue, with a deep purple below it, navy below that, and a rich turquoise on the bottom.  Will has a hard time seeing the variations in colors (he's legitimately color blind), so the decision was alllll miiiiiiine.

This was taken at night, so it's not the best, but you get the gist. 

I ended up going with... (drum roll please)... the rich turquoise!  Woop woop!  After taping (and taping and taping and taping) and painting a little around the trim, here she was:


(I actually don't usually tape at all, but thought I'd try out the ever-famous Frog Tape I hear such good things about.)

She was looking a little naked (ooh lala!), but soon she was fully dressed and looking beee-ooo-tee-ful.

Excuse the inappropriate cat...

She also looks super sexy and romantic at night with all those candles lit :)  So... what do you think?!

9 comments:

Touched said...

I think it is beautiful. I really like the blue color and the chandelier is hip.

Victoria said...

What is the paint color you used?

Lisa said...

what was the paint color? I am trying to find a nice peacock blue to spice up my dining room

Slothbot Koury said...

what is the paint color used?!!

Unknown said...

I would love to know what paint color you used? Would you mind sharing?

Anonymous said...

Did anyone here the paint color on this? I am also interested and don't see that an answer was posted.

Unknown said...

PAINT COLOR???

Unknown said...

Seriously I need the color of that paint! LOL, looks like other do as well :)

Anonymous said...

Paint color please