Sunday, January 20, 2013

Be Our Guest!

Yes, that's a Beauty and the Beast reference right there.  You may be able to guess what we're exploring today, since I mentioned in this post that I must've forgotten to give you a before and after (or middle, I should say) of the guest bedroom.  Here she is now... still a little rough around the edges, but much better than the old version.


Before we moved in, the guest bedroom looked a little more like this:

This was on our 2nd visit- the previous owners were packing to move, so things were looking a little messy.

I don't know about you, but I wasn't digging the purple carpet.  Things were looking better after the carpet was in the garbage, but the floor still needs some TLC.  I'm thinking about sanding it down a bit, replacing the damaged boards, then sealing it without stain to keep the rough look.

The peonies I carried in our wedding.

I bought the gold framed bird and plant prints from our neighborhood flea market last year- before we had even moved in.  And yes... that's a pillow with Kirb's face on it.  Enjoy.


We still have a few things left to do with this room:

  1. Paint the walls a cream or tan color, for a little warmth.
  2. Add trim around the fireplace tile.  A lot of the tile was loose when we moved in.  I used thin-set to get them back into place a couple of months ago, but I still need wood trim to make it all look more finished.  
  3. Sand and seal the floor.  I have no motivation for this project right now, and don't plan on it for a while.  Hopefully spring will give me a burst of floor-restoring energy.
So there you have it ladies and gentlemen.  You've officially seen the guest bedroom.  Reservations, anyone?

3 comments:

Sara Sanders said...

Very beautiful!

Lindsay said...

Thanks, Sara!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

Your guest room is so inviting! I especially love that there's a fireplace in there; that's pretty rad!