This year I'm honoring the holiday a little, starting with DIY felt heart garland. This mini project cost me about 3 bucks. And that's only because I wanted to buy a thinner white yarn for $1.40 instead of using what I had.
Here's what I used:
- 2 sheets each of red, pink, and white felt
- thin white yarn
- a piece of cereal box I was about to throw out
- fabric glue (this, I already had)
- scissors
I started by drawing a heart on the cereal box to use as a stencil.
Then I stacked both sheets of the same color felt, traced the stencil, and cut out the heart... in a nice way.
I used some fabric glue to attach the 2 hearts together with the yarn strung in the middle.
I repeated this with the different colors until the "garland" was the length I wanted.
I've got it strung on the vanity in the guest bedroom now. Just enough Valentine's cheer to feel a little more festive for February.
So what's left on the Valentine's Day docket? I'll soon be sharing a little V-day gift idea, perhaps a recipe or two, then Acrylics and Icing will host it's first... giveaway... ever the 2nd full week of February! Woop woop! It may be gloomy outside, but we're keeping it festive here, folks!










No comments:
Post a Comment