Because we spend most of our holiday decorating budget on Christmas trimmings, we usually don't do much when it comes to Halloween. Our neighbors have been putting us to shame, so I wanted to put at least one Halloween piece out. I've seen some pretty cute cheesecloth ghosts around and decided to take a stab at 'em.
For this project, I bought two 6" styrofoam balls and one 8". A friend from work gave me some extra black acrylic paint she wasn't using for the eyes. I used eye screws, Liquid Nails, and fishing wire for hanging, and found 2-yard packages of cheesecloth at Target for $2.50 each.
First, I added a dab of Liquid Nails to each eye screw...
...then screwed one into each styrofoam ball.
I used a cheap acrylic paintbrush and black acrylic paint for the eyes.
It's important to pay attention to where the eye screw is while adding the eyes... otherwise you'll end up with a crooked face on your ghost.
Isn't he cute?!
After the paint dried overnight, I centered a yard-size piece of cheesecloth on each styrofoam ball (it goes right over the screw). I know you're probably distracted by my massive biceps in this picture, but try to focus on the ghost.
Lastly, I tied on some fishing wire and hung them from a couple of small nails on the porch. Voila! Cheap, "cheesy" Halloween decor :)









No comments:
Post a Comment