Sunday, February 3, 2013

Thrifty Things

I've been doing a little thrifting and Craigslisting (yep, it's a word) lately, and I've gotten pretty lucky with a few pieces.  Here are a couple, with a slight lamp facelift and another makeover on the way.

Sweet little candy jar with scoop for $3 at a thrift shop east of downtown.  I have absolutely no idea what I'll use it for yet... but we had a love connection, so I'll come up with something.


I'm ever-so-slightly obsessed with rustic-chic pieces like this branch candle holder.  Originally from Target, snatched up at Goodwill!

I picked up this glass lamp at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago.  The shade was a $15 purchase from Target, but the lamp was only $2.99.

She was a little... lacking... at first.

So I fixed her.

Then I removed the green felt from the bottom...

... and took the whole thing apart.

Just a little Frog Tape and ORB spray paint later...

... and we had a much more updated version of our $3 lamp.

Isn't she so much more attractive now?  As Michael Scott would say, it's the hot girl that no one realizes is hot until she takes off her glasses.  Or is spray painted, in this case.  It reminds me of a few I've seen before, like this one for $220.  

Last, but not least, I found this cute cabinet on Craigslist for 20 bucks.  I've been looking for the perfect piece for the entryway.  Something tall enough, but very narrow to avoid blocking the hallway.  The paint job was a bit rough and a leg was missing in the front, but nothing a little elbow-grease couldn't handle.  

I'm pretty excited to show the makeover, along with a couple other updates.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Whose child are you anyway?