Monday, December 2, 2013

Parlor Bar Mini-Project

I talked about putting together a mini bar in our rental for the entire 6 months we lived there.  Aaaand never did.  So when I had the same idea for our house, I jumped on it right away to avoid another who-knows-how-long of procrastinating (it was actually already completed when I posted the first pictures of the house last week- you may have caught a glimpse of it).  While our new kitchen is much bigger than our last, since the cabinets aren't as tall we end up with only slightly more cabinet space overall.  I knew another area to store bar-ware would be really helpful.

It took me about .3 seconds to scout out the best locale.  I picked up two small shelves for around $25 total at Lowe's, then grabbed some wine glass holders for less than $5 each.  The screws that came with the wine glass holders worked fine for attaching them to the shelves.  Once the shelves were up, I grabbed some more gear to complete the look... including the tray I made over a couple of months ago and a Goodwill lamp I spruced up back in Indy.



 I even added a little detail I picked up at Anthropologie over Thanksgiving.  I couldn't help myself.

So there you have it.  And now that Thanksgiving has passed (with little tribute to it on Acrylics and Icing so far... sorry, Thanksgiving), this means Christmas decor is coming your way!  Stay tuned!

No comments: