Monday, February 3, 2014

Light it up

The hunt for new lighting has begun.  I feel like we've been down this road before.  Again.  And again.  Aaaaand again.  But new digs usually mean new lighting fixtures.  Being the bargain-hunting penny pincher I am though, I can't bear to shell out the dough for what I really want.

First, here's what we're dealing with in the dining room currently.  A bit "rural", no?  It's actually a nice fixture, just not our style.
This is obviously not a current picture- hello, Christmas decor.  I couldn't post a recent shot just yet though,
because I've got some new changes to share, first (and soon)!


A close-up...

Now, meet a few apples of my eye:
$499

$363


$1728

I'm hoping to find one of these hanging out of a dumpster somewhere in perfect condition for me to snag.  Fo' free.  If that plan doesn't play out, I guess I'll have to scavenge for something else awesome that's inexpensive.

I've found a few contenders so far.  For instance, that piece of gold awesomeness above looks quite a bit like this guy:
$250
I'm still not ready to shell out that kind of money for a light fixture, but we're headed in the right direction.

Without the shades, the one below could be another option (although I think it's a bit smaller):

$161
Now this one would be a good substitute for the wine barrel chandelier.  I can imagine adding some twine or rope to the descending bars to make it more similar.
$189

And this is a more affordable replacement for the simple black candelabra chandelier.
$190


I'm also fancying this piece from Overstock.  I can't post the picture here, but it's pretty neat and worth a look.

So what do you think?  Any opinions on what would look best in the space?  How much would you be willing to spend on a chandelier?

3 comments:

Emily said...

I like the 2nd one, the black $363 one the best.

Unknown said...

I love the black $250 one with the old-timey light bulbs best of all of them. That is a lot of dough for lighting though.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.